Saturday, October 29, 2005

Balls


I cannot stress how much I love this advert!
I hate adverts, I hate crappy heavy-handed sales patter every five fucking minutes on the telly... but then sometimes they get it right.

I could watch this all day

also where I normally would balk at any kind of product placement by myself personally (unless tried and believed in) I like this ad so much I have to mention that it is for Sony's Bravia telly... had I the money...

and I found that some guy has posted the day's shoot onto Flikr (which is where I store my photos for this site) I hope he doesn't mind me linking to his page: Sepiatone's photo-shoot shoot.

And the original link I had for this movie died quite quickly, I found it again thanks to these guys:

49Media.com bless 'em. Although since then there have been a plethora of sites spring up with interest in this advert.

I have also found out that the track used is a cover of Heartbeats by the Knife - a Swedish brother and sister duo, I came across in June with the video for pass this on... which I have to say grabbed me immediately and didn't let me go the first time I watched it... the young boy is beautiful (and his dancing ALWAYS makes me smile - and I'm watching this pretty obsessively right now so always is a strong but true interpretation of that which I am trying to convey)... and it's slightly weird... and musically one of the most interesting pieces put out by anybody in a long while... love, love and fucken love! Thankfully I have managed, kudos to these guys (unfortunately I don't speak Svensk) to track it down, for you guys...

If you can't decide which version you like best from the Bravia advert there is this mad fusion to listen to

big help from these guys:

Guavamaffiosa and Gorrilla vs. Bear which is a mightly impressive blog and source of info on lots of cool music... hell I just found two covers of Love will tear us apart (Joy Division) one on Guavamaffiosa by the guy who covered Heartbeats for the advert and then this version by Calexico ...

Best post... ever.

2 comments:

crybabyzero said...

Love the advert. Are they rubber superballs? Who is cleaning them up? There could be a dreadfull accident. The video with the gorgeous boy was real good too, shame about the sound quality streamed

Whoozee said...

28 cameramen in protective clothing as I read it somewhere, and they claim most where caught or channeled to a pick up point...
The sound is ok... I think the video itself suffers slightly for the stream and the size... when I first saw it on telly it was way more sinister... especially the girl at the end; there was more of her in it I'm sure.