Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ten penny mix


I came across this website which some may consider to be a tad morbid but does however have some classic last words of famous people among my favourites are Joan Crawford who apparently said:
"Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me."
to her housekeeper, Oscar Wilde's left us with the enigmatic:
"Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."
Pancho Villa, Mexican revolutionary apparently (who knew?) delivered the classic though:
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
He should have asked the Cosmos (no it's not another celebrity/fashion magazine) for some inspiration, although as always in these matters I advise caution and be careful what you ask for, funny thing was through sheer curiosity I wanted to find out what the spanish word for lightning was and came across this useful website that considers bizarre little phrases such as: 'he was struck by lightning' to be needed by anyone wishing to engage in conversational spanish. Another spanish-type phrase that I assimilated this week was: 'Diabolus in Musica' which was in an article about the devil's note, fabulous. Speaking of sacrilege, I wouldn't normally condone anyone covering Pixies songs but Frank Sinatra does 'em proud and the Bee Gees keep true to the source. So no problems there then.
What with there being no Glastonbury this year it seems there's a bit of a scramble on tickets for other Summer fezzies which is a shame but then when Glastonbury returns it's aiming to be a little bigger, so maybe there'll be more chance of getting a fucken ticket next year. God I hope so... better stick that one out to the cosmos... and then get onto making and baking some snacks to take with me... I'll probably need some sausages... and some sweets that could inspire another generation of asbo's to run riot wif no respek'. On the plus side; it might actually teach the yoof how to spell the words they abuse on a daily basis.
Worry ye not, for as we speak big brother is upping his arsenal, but it will we be voiced by some slob with an estuary accent screaming 'Shaadaap!' at everyone.
Escape the stress of it all by floating along the skyline with your face in your groin. Listening to your free i-pod nano; sadly this offer is only available in the U.K. and you do have to participate in one of their offers to be eligible, but just do what I did and pick the free dvd trial cos then you get free dvd's for a month and you get a free i-pod nano!
Marvellous.

No comments: