Thursday, December 07, 2006

Venom


So here, if you haven't already seen it, is your first (if slightly blurry) glimpse of Venom from the forthcoming Spiderman 3. Official site here.

There was an unofficial version of the trailer doing the rounds for a while, you can still catch a really bad quality version of it here on Google video, but it has been (sort of) released officially and you can catch a better quality version here, (not a trailer) only blink and you will totally miss it. I have to admit I liked it when they gave him the black costume (in the comics) but I also liked it when they reverted to the blue and red, have to say though I'm pretty glad I'm not still reading comics. Maybe in one of the 'proposed' further 6 movies they'll do a cross over to the Iron man movie(s) much in the way they are introducing the Silver Surfer in the next Fantastic Four movie ready for his own feature. Maybe. Hopefully not though.

Speaking of the Fantastic Four any geek worth his weight in trading cards has already seen the fantasticar... snigger. Still, actually really excited about that one, all for the Silver Surfer... can't fucken wait till we get our first look at that bugger.

Been goin a bit gaga for images from this fucker too. I want to be ten again.

Do I swear too much?

In other film related chicanery went to watch Pan's Labyrinth as it opened the day after my birthday and it is beautiful, harsh and brutal at times but pretty too. Better quality version of the trailer here.

Next I have a couple of film-related articles which I never got round to posting at the time they were current. Go figure. I think anyone who reads this blog (all three of ye) knows what a lazy bastard I can be.

First one was an article on Channel 4 buying Fox's film archive and the second was from Neil Gaiman on film adapting comics, or something like that. It doesn't really matter what it's about it's Neil fucken Gaiman man.

Finally someone should really consider severely maiming Nicholas Cage, he's only good playing stoopid so if he were truly retarded we'd all be a lot better off, I say this not because he's playing Ghost Rider I'll reserve judgement on that and I'm not precious on the character anyways, but to remake the Wickerman as badly as he did he should have been SHOT until he was dead of it. Again that is not why I want him taken out; this article talks about how he want's to play another hero of some sort, who cares right? Oh but despair and quake ye mighty fools... it also mentions in this article that he is REMAKING Bangkok Dangerous NO NO NO NO!!!!

YOU BASTARD!

Bangkok Dangerous is one of my favourite films of all time and it is astoundingly beautiful on every level. I urge anyone with even a modicum of taste to check out the original and boycott that evil bastard's attempts to destroy another cinematic landmark.

Cage wise up, you're shit, anything you touch turns to shit (Correlli's mandolin? Adaptation? Need I go on?) sell the rights to someone who could make an english language version that is worthy of the original, even you gotta know you're gonna make a pigs arse of it.

I WILL hunt you down and pin back your eyelids and make you watch your own crap for all eternity... don't think I won't.

You cunt.

No comments: