Friday, August 12, 2005

Golden Showers


Well what can I say?
I had the most intense experience last night...
Obviously I didn't go to bed as I would never have got up out of bed even had I woken in the morning...
No I decided to sit it out from the other end...
It was amazing even with all the light pollution in London the sky was ablaze last night, the clouds kept a respectable distance between each other to allow the spectacle of the meteor showers through.
and the hours flew by with plenty of strange shaped clouds to fill in the gaps between meteors.
I felt like a kid camping out for the first time sleeping under the stars and it was utterly exhilirating seeing the first meteors streaking through the atmosphere.
Next year I am gonna see them from a mountain top miles from any light pollution...
A couple of planes flew over during the height of the display and I couldn't help but wonder what if anything could be seen from the plane...
I imagine it was spectacular.
I love being a geek.

No comments: